Faculty & Officers
- Omar El-Deeb, President
- Fawzi Al-Zifzaf, President
- Ahmad Omar Hashim, President
- Mohamed Abdallah Mohamed, President
- Mohamed Elsharkawy, Dean and Professor of Quranic Exegesis
- Academic Registrar, Academic Registrar and Lecturer in Abrahamic Religions
- Mohamed Bakr Ahmed, Lecturer in Islamic Jurisprudence
- Feisal Ismail, Lecturer in Arabic Language
- Srafraz Karim, Librarian
- Ahmed El Sharkawy, Development Director
- Bekir Tezgel, Bursar
Al-Azhar Al-Sharif Established in Great Britain Connects Western Civilisation with an Islamic Heritage of Learning and Deepening Mutual Understanding
Al-Azhar Al-Sharif in Cairo was founded in 970 and is the oldest university in the world, and for over a millenium has been the most respected centre of Islamic learning. Al-Azhar College was established in 2006 as the branch of Al-Azhar Al-Sharif in Britain by the official Agreement of the Sheikh Al-Azhar, Dr Muhammad Tantawy with the College's founder Sheikh Dr Mohamed Elsharkawy, and was opened the following year by the Deputy Sheikh Al-Azhar, Omar El-Deeb.
The Faculty and Governing Body of the College
The faculty is comprised of Azharite scholars in all disciplines of Islamic sciences who constitute the Governing Body of the College.